I work as a clinical psychologist in Carlton close to Melbourne CBD. I have experience working in range of different settings with adults, adolescents, and couples from diverse cultures. I am particularly interested in helping clients work through long-standing anxiety disorders, complex trauma, depression, and relational problems. Recently I have been completing training in Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy (AEDP). This is a model of therapy that integrates diverse theories and knowledge about how we both develop and can overcome stuck patterns to bring about change. This treatment focuses on each person's innate striving's to overcome old patterns such as anxiety and depression in order to lead a more adaptive, resilient, and authentic life.
I am currently registered as a clinical psychologist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA). I am also a member of the Australian Psychological Society (APS) and am eligible to provide clinical psychology services through medicare.
The idea behind my practice is to draw from both psychological theory alongside wisdom and knowledge throughout the ages to bring about change. My essential goal is to improve humanity in some small form through assisting people to develop self-compassion while reducing suffering and distress. My aim is to assist people with deeper change and growth.
As part of my practice I like to create a safe, empathetic, and non-judgemental environment where people can explore their concerns. Often as people reflect on and process layers of experience they are naturally able to reorganize their beliefs. As we move along I might offer ideas and strategies to use, reflect back blind spots, and link together patterns and themes. I use a broad range of therapies including cognitive behavioural therapy, mindfulness, emotion-focused therapy, and psychodynamic therapy.
Achievements to Date
- Post-graduate diploma in Clinical Psychology (Otago University, New Zealand)
- PhD - studying the effects of ethanol on human brain rhythms
- Member of the Australian Psychological Society (MAPS)
- Registered as a Clinical Psychologist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Private Practice 2008 to present
- Worked at the Australian Centre for Post-traumatic Mental Health - 2012
- Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy.
- Completed workshops with leading clinicians and researchers including Judith Beck, Leslie Greenberg, Diana Fosha, Janina Fisher.